 |
| Lino print over oppositional photographic material. |
Ok, the picture above, was a second thought when experimenting with lino. In hindsight I now regret not delving deeper into using photographs as the foundation when printing, especially when adapting the actual lino cut to reveal or disguise elements of the photograph.
 |
| Daily Carry. |
 |
| You do the math. |
In regards to the process, I couldn't seem to get my head around the back-to-front preparation when cutting the design into the lino, at least not without spending a good half an hour studying incoherent doodles from the day before. Once I'd made enough initial copies to reassure myself nothing could go wrong, the repetitiveness of the printing procedure was actually cathartic. Using separate lino plates would have made more sense for my design as the colour palette had to remain limited because of the reductive technique in forming the image.
Although I spent a fair amount of time experimenting with lino, and would be happy to use it again maybe in conjunction with other media, I was disappointed with the resulting prints. They lacked the precision they needed to work together as a series.
No comments:
Post a Comment