Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Love Is A Dog From Hell

Throughout this project i've been obsessing over Bukowski, in particular his book 'Love Is A Dog From Hell'. This morning it dawned on me that my creature is infact a two headed dog who's ultimate purpose in life is to guard the gates of hell...coincidental? Probably, but i've made the connection and decided to adapt one of Bukowski's poems and integrate it into my work. The sketchbook I handmade and bound for Applied Design 2 is now aptly named 'Love Is A Two Headed Dog From Hell', containing all the preliminary sketches for my two headed dog Cerberus, patterns and designs for the plush toy product and layouts for the wallpaper based on the topic of the character and its habitat. Running parrallel to my Bukowski addiction i've started looking through the miniature William Morris book I borrowed, religiously. So I can almost definitely assure you that my the finished article of wallpaper will reflect Morris in reguards to the background design and repeat pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment