One of three days will be spent in the company of the lovely Scott Move, an artist that both me and Dan take great inspiration from. After plucking up the courage a few weeks ago, I emailed him asking wether it would be possible to take half an hour of his time for an interview and a day or so later I got the answer i'd been praying for, which means on November the 3rd I will have some real-time answers from not only one of my greatest influences but a truly amazing illustrator. Some of his smaller fineline drawings and an example of his latest endeavour into the world of tattoo are posted below.
For the remainder of our time there, i've started formulating a battle plan so we can see as many galleries, exhibitons, landmarks and interesting places as possible. First on the list is the Hunterian Museum. Full of weird and wonderful creatures and plenty of skeletal deformations on show there's enough raw material in that place to fuel my creepy imagination for the rest of the year.
Next addition to our satchel-sized adventure may or may not include beer... Our Black Heart bar in the midst of creatively quirky Camden boats an unusual experience for alcohol lovers. Sawdust covered floorboards, not a window in sight, extraordinarily gloomy music...not everyone's cup of tea I must admit but other than that, the range of prints, beautifully hand-rendered images and detailed drawings adorn the walls in equally beautiful frames.

No comments:
Post a Comment