Thursday, 6 September 2012

Poetree.




Over summer I took part in helping my dad save the local library in Barlby from being demolished. He now runs a volunteer group that work in the building and organise events for visitors of the library. Just before I moved back to Manchester I was asked to design a variety of tees to be installed and used as a creative exercise for children. Children visiting the library have the opportunity to create a 4 line poem, write it on a paper leaf (recylced paper may I add) and stick it to the tree.

When I was younger, Barlby Library was one of my favourite places and the first ever success I had as an 'artist' arose by winning the 'design a bookmark' competition aged 5. So as you can imagine I was delighted at being chosen to help continue the events, but as the designer!

The photographs above show the three different tree designs in their early stages.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment