After the first day back at 'The Shed' I realised that this year I'm going to have to put down the pen and paper at some point and branch out. It's not that I don't like stretching my branches, and as G/J. Spicer always say: 'we can't all fish from the same pond', it's just that my roots are very happy being wound around a 0.3 Sakura Micron Fineliner. I mentioned at the end of last year that I intended to continue practicing Screen Printing, which I will throw myself into whole heartedly, and after the briefing on Tuesday 4th I'm intrigued to dapple with Wallpaper and Papercraft in general.
Me and my friend Dan decided to take a trip to our favourite store in Manchester, Magma, to sniff out some helpful books on Papercraft... and i'm pleased to report that our trip was a success! Within a minute of entering the store we spotted 'Papertoy Monsters' by Castleforte, traditionally a motion graphics designer and animator. But for a very reasonable price, we purchased this exciting looking book.
Below are a couple of the little characters we brought to life with some frantic folding and a lot of pritt stick.

No comments:
Post a Comment