Friday, 21 March 2014

Lucky Break.

My personalised portfolio, front cover.
Ta-Dah! My portfolio's finally finished, well the vessel anyway. But first impressions and all that eh.
After much research into the world of highly expensive portfolios, I decided that in order to best represent my work I would either have to fork out for a leather bound portfolio or customise a wooden one. I found this A4, refillable, book-style portfolio on Etsy after Lorgie was recommended to me via social networking site Tumblr. Run by a lady called Kamma and based in Fremantle, Australia, Lorgie makes all custom folio's out of 'satin-eco-varnish' covered pine, fixed with faux leather bindings and nickel screw posts. Although the price of the portfolio includes a typographical customisation I chose to order mine as blank, I'd already hatched plans for both covers. The quality exceeded the price in my opinion and it arrived in good time, and perfect condition with no extra shipping charges.

Now, earlier on in the year I took part in a workshop at a local Laser studio where I met Cai, the brawn, brains and beauty behind LaserLea. I've mentioned previously on my blog how beneficial the experience so I jumped at the chance to get a really personal piece crafted with the help of Cai. After getting in contact with her I hand-drew my designs ready to be bit-mapped and checked. The Wishbone is very symbolic to me; representing luck, tradition and a strong bonds. I have a full and broken wishbone tattooed on each arm to signify hope and closure, wishing for better times and the realisation that I no longer needed 'luck' to get where I wanted to be. So, my portfolio physically represents me and the work inside projects me mentally.

Left: Front Cover, Right: Back Cover.

Another thankyou to Cai at LaserLea, for being lovely as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment