Sunday, 19 August 2012

A New Muse...

So over summer i've managed to build myself a nice little collection of books by a wonderful man named Jeffrey Brown. This is my most current amusement... 'Cat Getting Out Of A Bag'. He's the perfect accompaniment to our summer project for quick sketches of play by play scenes, since a lot of his work consists of very quick and comic-like drawings.

You can check out his work here. Other books i'd reccomend would include 'I Am Going To Be Small' (ironic for me really...) and 'Unlikely'.

Whilst browsing for more Jeff Browns on the messy shelves of Travelling Man I found a book called 'I Never Liked You' by a chap called Chester Brown, which lends the same style to tell much darker stories in a very bleak, minimilistic way. If you happen to like Jeffrey Brown, check out Chester Brown, although 'I Never Liked You' isn't for those easily upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment